The Rhino Transport is a vehicle used for the mobilization of the residents of Terra Nova for expeditions, pursuits and searches.
Used by Terra Novans and Sixers, the Standard Rhino is enclosed, unlike the rovers, and can carry several occupants. It has an opening hatch on the top where guns, or other equipment, can be placed and a rear compartment that can be accessed by a large door on the back.
The Terra Nova transports are much more well maintained while the Sixer transports appear more camouflaged and poorly maintained having pieces hastily placed over holes. They are also easily able to be pulled open by Slashers. The Sixers may booby-trap their transports so as to prevent hot wiring.
The Rhino can be modified to carry large round cargo containers.
- The angular design of the Rhino is similar to the German Sd.Kfz. 251 Halftrack.
- The Rhino runs on Power Cells; possibly Hydrogen Fuel Cells.
- The Sixers possessed at least two Rhinos in as shown in "The Runaway". They appear to be of more ramshackle construction, with simple add-on armor consisting of corrugated sheet metal.
- The Rhino is also present in the year 2149. It is possibly used by modern militaries for troop transporting. The Rhino that Jim Shannon used to sneak into Hope Plaza in 2149 may have also been sent back with the Tenth Pilgrimage.
- There is no indication that the Rhinos or any other vehicles are constructed in the Colony. They are most likely sent back from the future with the Pilgrimages.
- Rhinos are modified 1990s Toyota Land Cruisers.